Artistic research fellow - Norwegian Theatre Academy (NTA) at Østfold University College
- artistic research in the expanded field of scenography
- the development of an ontology of scenography (related to the question: when does scenography come into being?)
- the dialogical characteristic of scenography (a scenography’s innate dialogue with other artistic agencies and an audience)
- the curatorial aspects any scenography engages in, relative to its context
- developing strategies and methods within scenography, in theatre contexts and beyond
- the candidate is asked to specifically address relationships between theatre – public space
- Master’s degree (equivalent to 120 credits according to Norwegian standard definitions) in a relevant field.
- Architectural background
- International network
- The fixed term of appointment is three years without any compulsory duties.
- Artistic reserach felllows (code 1017) are remunerated with a gross annual salary of minimum NOK 479 600. Depending on qualifications and academic background the salary can range between NOK 479 600 – 513 600. In addition to taxes, a further 2% is deducted for the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
- good insurance policies, pension and loan options in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
- positive and encouraging work environment
- Please submit your application electronically via our recruitment system Jobbnorge.no. All attached documentation must be in a Scandinavian language or in English.
- The application and the project description will be assessed by experts at Norwegian Theatre Academy. The University College’s hiring committee approves the recommendation from Norwegian Theatre Academy.
- See also Forskrift om ansettelsesvilkår for postdoktor, stipendiater https://lovdata.no/dokument/SF/forskrift/2006-01-31-102?q=forskrift%20stipendiater
- Requirements for applications are described in the Guidelines for the Norwegian Artistic Research Fellowship Programme that are available here: https://www.hiof.no/nta/english/research/artistic-research-internal/
- Please note that applications that are incomplete will not be considered.
Norwegian Theatre Academy (NTA) at Østfold University College in Fredrikstad offers a research and study environment in the expanded fields of acting, performance and scenography. Students inquire into the intersections of art and society with internationally practicing guest artists and faculty. Values informing the education rely on listening, collaboration, staying with failure, re-imagining material relations, excavation and play.
Østfold University College is together with other universities and university colleges affiliated with the Norwegian Artistic Research Fellowship Programme, PKU, and NTA is now seeking a well-qualified candidate for the programme. The fellowship position is related to the field of scenography. The fellow’s artistic research project and its development during the fellowship period is at the core of the program. The goal is to develop artistic competence at a high international level. Within the Norwegian Artistic Research Fellowship Programme, the fellowship period is stipulated to three years, and completion of the programme confers associate professor competence.
For the time being, Norwegian Theatre Academy, Østfold University College, employs four research fellows enrolled in the programme.
Research activities should focus on:
The following merits will be of advantage:
About the Research Fellowship
Submitting an application
A complete application must be uploaded in JobbNorge and consist of:
Attachment 1 – Application attachment. Application form can be downloaded from: https://www.hiof.no/nta/english/research/artistic-research-internal/
Attachment 2 – Documentation of the education and the qualifications that are required for a position as a research fellow and admission to the programme, see qualifications requirements.
Attachment 3 – Extensive/ detailed CV
Attachment 4 – Documentation of artistic practice. Up to 10 works. All documentation has to be submitted digitally. Documentation of artistic works can also be in the form of hyperlinks to a webpage. An overview/list of URLs then serves as the attachment.
Artistic director scenography Serge von Arx
tlf: 41449318 – e-post: email@example.com
Administrative director Anne Berit Løland
tlf: 99232849 – e-post: firstname.lastname@example.org
Østfold University College practices an inclusive working life and conforms to the government’s inclusion efforts. This means that we welcome qualified applicants with disabilities, different national or ethnic backgrounds, and candidates who, for various reasons, are unable to document an unbroken professional career.
We practice open government in the state. If you require any confidential processing of your application, please note that information about you may still be disclosed. You will then be notified of this, cf. §25 of the Freedom of Information Act
If you state that you have disabilities, an immigrant background or gaps in your CV, your information may be used for statistical purposes.
About Østfold University College
Østfold University College is located in Fredrikstad and Halden, close to the archipelago and wonderful hiking terrain in the woods and fields, within a short distance to major cities such as Oslo and Gothenburg.
We are a state university college with around 7,500 students and 625 employees spread over the two campuses. The university college has a broad study portfolio, ranging from profession education programmes to arts, both at bachelor’s and master’s level. The university college is working to establish a doctoral program in the field of “The digital society”.
The university college is a regional institution and has extensive cooperation with both the business and public sectors. This cooperation is important for the development of both the university college and the region. The core of our activities is to educate adaptable professional practitioners that the community needs.
We contribute to increased understanding and generate debate regionally, nationally and internationally through our research, artistic development work and dissemination of knowledge.
For more information about Østfold University College, visit our website at https://www.hiof.no/english/